In each episode of Ready, Steady Pro we ask each guest to contribute something for the listeners – something that you can takeaway and implement into your business. We call them Little Gems.
This is the place we collect all those little gems and store them in one place, like a library of really useful content, including Video’s, Blogs, eBooks, Courses, Gear and much, much more.
Take a look at our library of Little Gems, here:
Episode 15 – Gear for Photographers: What’s in our bags?
- Rob Grimes: Focal Lens Calibration Software
- Lel Hurst: BoredPanda.com – Beautiful, Artistic & Fun. Check out this website
- Neil Graham: SLR Lounges Complete review of Canon Lenses: Which lenses are best?
- Neil Graham: Gordon Parks (found through Ted Forbes) – Check out his work
- Lee Jones: Ready Steady Pro Facebook community – come along and join the Facebook community
- Michael Rammell: One Camera One Lens by Paul Griffiths
Episode 14 – An Interview with Valerie Jardin
- Valerie Jardin’s Gem was to contact / email at least 5 people every day! Be proactive, don’t wait for people to come to you. Send those emails and pick up the phone. “The only way you’re going to survive is if you make things happen for you”; Valerie Jardin
Episode 13 – An Interview with Phil & Helen Silverman
- Michael’s Gem today was OKDOTHIS. The new Social Media app from Jeremy Cowart. Be inspired. Download the App from the App Store of iOS Devices
Episode 11 – Pricing for Photographers
- Neil’s Gem for the show this week was the 3-in-1 Rogue Honeycomb Grid from ExpoImaging. A flash accessory he picked up a few weeks ago from Calumet.
- Lee’s Gem was Zoe Richards’ eBook: ‘100 Lessons I wish I learned sooner as a photographer in business”
- Phil’s Gem was a friendly warning concerning the weight of Nikon Flashes bending the Hot shoe’s on his camera’s when hung upside down (for example when used with straps such as the BlackRapid). Caution is advised! If you’re using a strap that allows you to have your camera’s upside down. Phil was using Nikon D700’s and had to bend the hot shoe’s back with pliers! (the bending of the Hot Shoe’s result in flash mis-fires!)
- Helen was very kind and wanted to share 2 Gems with is today:
- DON’T DISCOUNT. Work on a perceived value approach. Instead of £100 off, why not throw in £10 worth of prints. £10 cost to you, perception of cost to the client is much higher.
- Manage clients’ expectations. Don’t be afraid to say no. Work with the couple and offer alternative solutions instead of saying ‘No’.
- Michael’s Gem was 10% off Moo.com’s Luxe business cards. The thickness of 3 business cards with a seam of colour in the middle
Episode 10 – An Interview with Frank Doorhoff
- Frank Doorhoff was extremely kind and has offered a 20% (YES – 20%!!) off of his downloadable training DVD’s on his website just for Ready Steady Pro listeners. Check them out here: and enter offer code RSP88 to receive that discount
- Michael’s Gem this week is a little unconventional in that he wants to highlight the Typhoon Haiyan Appeal by the British Red Cross – please done generously and give aid for the people in need during this horrific disaster
Episode 9 – An Interview with Photographer Andrew Hellmich
- Andrew has been very kind to share ‘5 things I wish I knew when starting my wedding photography business’ – This is a post that Andrew has put together especially for the listeners of the Ready Steady Pro Podcast.
- Michael’s Gem this week is another inspirational freebie in the form of a TED Talk Video. This video is from Larry Smith and is entitled “Why you will fail to have a great career”. It’s a must watch. Especially for those who have children.
Episode 8 – Knowing Your Target Market and How to Appeal to Them
- Neil’s Gem for you this week was: Brett Harkness Training. Check out Brett’s YouTube Channel and Brett’s website for some great Off Camera Flash Video’s and more!
- Lel kindly shared: Digital-Photography-School.com – a great online, photography resource
- Simon wanted to tell us about Simon Middleton’s eBook: ‘Build a Brand in 30 days’. Check that out over on Amazon
- Michael’s Gem this week is a free, 20 minute video from TED: Adam Baker‘s talk entitled “Sell Your Crap. Pay Your Debt. Do What you Love”
Episode 7 – An Interview with Photographer Rob Grimes
- Rob’s Gem today is a twist on Brett Florens’ ‘KISS’ approach. Rob Tells us ‘KISSES’: Keep It Simple, Stylish, Exciting, Sexy.
- Michael’s Gem for this episode was The Guild of Photographers – A UK-Based Photography Association where
Episode 6 – Social Media. Are you doing it (Right)?
- Rob’s Gem was his OODA Loop – a graphical means to show the circle of improvement and maintenance of standards if you will. By continuously focussing on the things in the OODA Loop you’re surely on a path to success
- Tracey was kind enough to share the magic of PhotoMechanic from CameraBits.com – a piece of software for Mac and PC that speeds up your culling and editing process no end. It’s available for just $150!
- Neil’s Gem today was Martin Bailey – the brains behind Martin Bailey Photography. Martin is a Landscape and Wildlife Photographer, eBook author and workshop leader & teacher. Check out Martin here and join the G+ Community too.
- Michael’s Gem for episode 6 was Rosh Sillars. Rosh is an SEO and Google Guru and is always on top of the latest SEO trends. If you’re looking to keep on top of your SEO then Rosh’s weekly podcast is a great, bitesize listen that will help you do just this
Episode 5 – An Interview with Photographer Lel Hurst
- Lel has kindly left us with a Gem for today: Go and check out Aspire’s Webinar Series Online: http://www.aspirephotographytraining.co.uk/courses.php
- Michael mentioned The Soul Society – the Charitable Organisation of Melissa & Jerry Ghionis. Please, donate generously today. It’s only takes $10.
Episode 4 – Specialise or Generalise
- Jeff’s Gem for Episode 4 was Elliot Siegal’s book “Photographing Women: 1,000 poses”. A great read and of course, available on Kindle
- Lee Jones shared with us his new purchase – the Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet that aids in precision and speed when it comes to post-processing
- Mary wanted to highlight the fantastic new video series from David DuChemin from Craft & Vision; “The Created Image Video Series Vol.1″
- Neil kindly shared the book ‘Tribes’ from Seth Goden – a very thought provoking read. Also available as an eBook through Amazon
- Michael wanted to share the very inspiring work by Brandon Stanton, who is known for the Humans Of New York body of work
Episode 3 – An Interview with Photographer Lee Jones
- Lee’s Gem today was BlogStomp – the fantastically fast and very smart tool that effectively creates collages (or, Cartoon strips) of your photographs, ready for posting to the internet and blogging. It’s available for both Windows and Mac, there is a free trial and of course so go and give this a try. Thanks Lee!
- Michael mentioned Stephen Cotterell’s fantastic upcoming course: ‘Unleashing your Inner photographer’. For more information be sure to head over to Stephen’s Website @ http://stephencotterell.com
Episode 2 – Branding, Websites, Customer Service & Business Strategies
- Tracey’s Little Gem for today was a thought-provoking & motivational quote:“Life is like a Camera. Focus on what’s Important, Capture the Good Times, Develop from the Negatives. Take Another Shot”
- Lel has left us with a wedding blog to seek out and take inspiration from. Go have a look at ShowMeThePretty.co.uk/
- Lee was kind enough to share a tip that he says has increased the speed of his post-processing work immensly. Check out the progammable keyboard
- Neil’s Gem for episode 2 was how to get a replacement iPhone 5. It turns out Apple know of an issue in certain iPhone 5 models that affects WiFi & Bluetooth. Neil tells us how he got a brand new device from the apple store
- Michael’s gem for the listeners today was the ICE Society. An online training and resource center for photographers from world-renowned Jerry Ghionis.