My guests this week include show regular Neil Graham. A voice we’ve not heard for a few weeks now: Lee Jones and two new voices in the form of a husband and wife team. The Dynamic Duo that is Phil & Helen Silverman.
This week we’re talking about Pricing including how to set your pricing (where you should start). We talk about removing the emotion from making financial decisions in your business and how to price for profit and sustainable cash flow. But as always we do go off on little tangents here and there and speak about all sorts. So, get your notepad and pen at the ready. The guys have a lot to say when it comes to pricing!
(This is another ‘Extended episode’ with over 30 minutes of bonus listening. So do get comfy!)
Sit back and enjoy this episode of Ready, Steady Pro! Click the link below to listen / download the podcast.
This weeks Topic
How to set your prices, removing emotion from business. Cash Flow. Pricing for Profit
BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED! Be sure to continue listening past the gems for more photographer banter.
Today’s Little Gems
- Neil’s Gem for the show this week was the 3-in-1 Rogue Honeycomb Grid from ExpoImaging. A flash accessory he picked up a few weeks ago from Calumet.
- Lee’s Gem was Zoe Richards’ eBook: ‘100 Lessons I wish I learned sooner as a photographer in business”
- Phil’s Gem was a friendly warning concerning the weight of Nikon Flashes bending the Hot shoe’s on his camera’s when hung upside down (for example when used with straps such as the BlackRapid). Caution is advised! If you’re using a strap that allows you to have your camera’s upside down. Phil was using Nikon D700’s and had to bend the hot shoe’s back with pliers! (the bending of the Hot Shoe’s result in flash mis-fires!)
- Helen was very kind and wanted to share 2 Gems with is today:
- DON’T DISCOUNT. Work on a perceived value approach. Instead of £100 off, why not throw in £10 worth of prints. £10 cost to you, perception of cost to the client is much higher.
- Manage clients’ expectations. Don’t be afraid to say no. Work with the couple and offer alternative solutions instead of saying ‘No’.
- Michael’s Gem was 10% off Moo.com’s Luxe business cards. The thickness of 3 business cards with a seam of colour in the middle
Show Notes / Links
Michael Rammell’s Pricing Calculator: Sign up here to receive the calculator via email
Squarespace 10% Discount exclusively for Ready Steady Pro Listeners